Saturday, November 27, 2010

My life has completely changed since last Tuesday. It started at work when I was talking to my friend Shena. We were texting and I began telling her about how I felt something wasn't normal this month with my cycle. I told her I had been cramping on and off for about 4 days and that is just not normal for me. So she then told me "Why don't you come over my house after work and take a test." Later that day I went over and Shena gave me a test to take. We waited a few minutes and then looked. She said "OMG, your pregnant!!" I thought to myself as I am looking down at this test and thought, "no way". I responded to Shena and said there is only one dark line though and the other is really light. She told me "It doesn't matter, there is a second line there and that means your pregnant." Leaving her house I didn't know what to think. I mean I've wanted this for so long but I had so much doubt about that faint line. I went home and waited for Joe to get home from work so I could tell him what happened. When he walked in the door I bombarded him with the story. His eyes lit up and he said "You have that digital test still, go take it I want to see!!". I told him I didn't want to, even though a part of me did. I was so scared it would come up negative and I would be left depressed and devastated. Despite my feelings I went ahead and took it anyway. Waiting there those couple of minutes, they seemed like the longest two minutes of my life. I grabbed the test and looked. OMG!!! I'm Pregnant!!!!!!!!!!!!! The test read it loud and clear! I ran to Joe and in excitement crying tears of joy hugging him and staring at those words on the test. I couldn't believe it! The next morning I took another one just to be sure since late afternoon isn't the ideal time to take them anyway and once again another positive test. I am so excited and scared at the same time. I pray that I am a good mom. My whole life just changed once I saw that. I'm not very far along. I'm about 4 weeks and 1 day today. So far, I'm just feeling crampy, tired, and moody. Just like if I were about to start my cycle. Even though I'm still early in my first trimester I am doing everything possible to make sure this pregnancy is a healthy one.

No comments:

Post a Comment